Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Presents


Look what came in the mail today!

My books from the KnitPicks summer sale, and my yarn for Lelah! It's five balls of Shine Sport in Grass. I love it.

I flipped through The Opinionated Knitter and I love Elizabeth Zimmerman's prose. She writes about knitting in an incredibly captivating way. I can't wait to read the whole thing and attempt one ofher designs.

I've also glanced at the patterns in Fitted Knits- they seem rather repetetive. All top-down raglans, and all the cardigans are practically the same! They're pretty cute, though.

I knit up a (teeny tiny) swatch for Lelah, on the smallest circulars that I have (US 6), and got a gauge of 6 st / inch. It's a rather loose fabric, so I think I'll use the 6es for the lace and go out and get myself a pair of US4 circs for the bodice. I think I saw on Ravelry that's what someone else used for this top when they used sport weight. The pattern calls for worsted, but I want it to be more delicate than that.

I'll probably knit up a swatch in the lace pattern on the 6es, just to make sure that's what I want.

No comments: