Saturday, February 24, 2007

The continuing saga...

I finally received the yarn in the mail for my Buttony sweater.

Even though the colors are ostensibly the same, the new skein is such a dramatically different hue that the yarn I had been using that I don't think I can use it.



If only I were more like my room mates and could either wear capsleeves like LP or make the sleeves a different color like SS.

Sigh.

In other news, I started a scarf for LP in Daisy stitch. However, after consultation, we decided to make it a headband with a cute button.



The stitch comes from The Pattern Library's Traditional Knitting, which I inherited from a friend of my mom's. It's a great book- full of different stitch patterns, insets, and fair isle designs!



I'm not yet advanced enough in my knitting to take a stitch pattern and make a project out of it- but I would like to make a sweater out of this stitch I'm using for LP. It's just beautiful.

No comments: