Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Barbie Art

I am in love with making Valentine's. I don't consider myself an artist or a crafty person at all (a weird admission on a knitting blog, I suppose), but the past few years I have gotten fairly crafty with my Valentines. I stopped giving Valentines once I grew out of the Scooby-Doo variety, but have recently started up again. I think it's because Christmas seems to always sneak up on me, and I don't have time to make everyone something unique (hence all the scarves), but it gets my (limited) craftyness itching, and then I have the entire month of January to funnel that energy into Valentines Day.

Last year, it was cut up paper cards, and this year hand-stamped / typewritten postcards. I'll post pictures after Valentine's Day since I think there are some card-recipients-to-be that read this blog and I wouldn't want to give anything away.

In the meantime, though, drool over this collection of magnificent art/jewelry

The only type of jewelry I really go crazy for is earrings, and I love big circular and dangly ones. I particularly like the long earrings of mismatched face-parts. And several of the Ken pieces I could easily see proudly worn in the Castro.

And, on the long continuing Dazzleaire / button sweater saga: I am now in contact with the guy who outbid me (in order to use the yarn to make trout fishing flies! A whole new world of yarn use I never knew about!)- he is open to me buying the whole lot (4 skeins- 3 mocha and 1 autumn) or just 1 or 2 skeins of mocha, which is all I think I'll need... I can't really afford the bid he made for the whole lot, but don't want to not have enough AGAIN! I also don't want to use just one skein and end up with more of this crazy brown acrylic yarn! Advice?

1 comment:

Claudia said...

What a conundrum! My head hurts just thinking about the complexity of knitting.