Sunday, January 13, 2008

The Last Night

Classes start tomorrow. Yuck. There goes all my knitting time, all my time for sleeping in, watching movies, and mucking about online. Le sigh.

However, to get me through this difficult time, I have some new yarn!

90 yards of handspun, luminous blue bamboo from Cast One On in Welches, OR

We attempted to go skiing on Friday, after hearing all week about how much snow was falling on Mt Hood. Halfway up the mountain, it starts pouring. Turns to big flakes as we pull into the parking lot, so we're hopeful. We were there for night skiing, so we thought it would stay snow as the temperatures fell. No such luck. We were soaked through after the first two runs. Then my lift ticket fell off, so we decided to just call it a day. Luckily, we were able to exchange our tickets for vouchers for another day this season, so not all was lost.

On the way to the mountain, we stopped at an adorable log cabin yarn shop that I had tried to shop at over New Years while we were up at the condo. I don't know what I'm going to do with this yarn, but it was just calling out to me. I couldn't not buy it!

180 yards of handspun wool, a gift from my mom from the Folk Art Center in Asheville NC
*ETA: correct origination of yarn

This came in a box with my winter coats and Christmas tree ornaments a while ago, but I've just now photographed it. It has a lot of depth in the color- blues and purples. The color is exactly what I was looking for when I was buying yarn for my mom's Foliage. When she was here, I gave her a choice of yarns- this one she bought me, or the Indigo Malabrigo. She chose the Malabrigo, and the Foliage came out beautifully. I don't know what I'll use this yarn for, but it will be gorgeous when I do use it, I'm sure.

No comments: