Wednesday, January 2, 2008

2007's Final FO

The mystery socks I've been working on since October! I got the first one done in November, then didn't even cast on for the second until finals ended Dec. 20. Mom arrived Christmas Eve, and I had the socks done, boxed, and wrapped Dec. 23.

Pattern: Tessellating Lace Socks (Ravelry link), from Knitting the Light Fantastic
Yarn: Koigu KPPPM in 456 (2 skeins)
Needles: Clover Bamboo US 0's


Notes: Love the yarn! Love the pattern! I'd never worked with Koigu before and it was fantastic. Lots of sproing, which is perfect for socks, and beautiful colors. I found the yarn during a Sunday afternoon of coffee & knitting back in the fall, and it was the perfect blend of colors for my mom. I attempted Monkeys with it at first, but there was some major pooling and the pattern was a little too ambitious for my law-filled brain.


I started the leg in the large size of the pattern, since it's not a very stretchy pattern, then decreased to the medium size for another leg repeat and the foot. (I decreased by skipping the yo's in one row of the pattern.) The yarn pooled the same as it had for the Monkeys in the large section, but then settled nicely into a beautiful variegation for the medium sized parts. Luckily the pooling happened in a visually pleasing spiral, and there isn't a dramatic change to the variegation.

Mom loves them too.

No comments: