Thursday, August 2, 2007

Mornings Are Looking Up


Lookie what I got! Mike's Mom found me an espresso machine! It's probably the greatest present ever, especially given that I had forgot she was looking for one! (She had already given me a french press, so I certainly wasn't expecting anything else.) This is going to make getting up early - or being woken up by the traffic on I-5 or the major bridge right next to our house - and biking to school much easier!

I tried it out today, and it made for pretty much the greatest morning ever. Knitting, a soy latte, the sunshine, NPR... what more can a girl ask for?


The sock is Rainy Days from MagKnits, and I'm using some acrylic sport weight I had in my stash. They're for a friend's birthday, in about two and a half weeks. she lives in Austin, TX, but my empty wallet wins out over her hot climate, so thick and toasty socks are what she gets! She's not planning on living in Texas forever: in fact, her heart belongs to Maine. I think these will get some use out of them!

1 comment:

Claudia said...

Mike's mom LOVES you. Is she one of those who calls you her daughter-in-law? I'm pretty jealous of the espresso machine, even though I wouldn't know what to do with is. Can she love me, too?