Saturday, August 11, 2007

Things That Shouldn't Look The Same...


A hat and a placemat. A hat and the first square of an afghan. A hat and a doily. Apparently, I missed the memo.

In trying to work the Swell hat top-down, I somehow ended up with this.

I'm hesitant to work it bottom-up because I only know how to do a long-tail cast-on, and I'm not sure how to make this work with picking up stitches from the ear flaps. This is my goal for today, before we set off on our adventures.

These adventures include: making our first venture across the river via bicycle, finding the coop grocery store, fixing Mike's free computer, picking up our registration materials for the Bridge Pedal tomorrow in which we will bike 23 miles and across 8 of our city's 10 bridges, which will be closed to cars!, and heading off to the law school picnic.

I'll be back when I catch my breath!

1 comment:

lupinbunny said...

I think the domesticity of your law school might have something to do with it being a grad program in the USA. In Australia you can go straight into law straight out of highschool. My university, statistically, has a particularly high number of straight school leavers. Meaning most of those in freshman year* are seventeen.

* Another weird thing: we don't use the words fresher, sophomore, etc to designate years anywhere except in law school, where first year is freshman year and second last is penultimate. Every other faculty/ highschool just uses 1st year, 2nd year, etc. or year 8, year 9, etc.

I've got job interviews this week and next week (our equivalent of the bar exam - we have no exam but it's quite difficult to get a graduate job), and am dying of cold, so am consequently freaking out, skipping all classes and swallowing vitamins.