Friday, April 4, 2008

Sock progress

I've got two pairs of socks on the needles, both from the book Favorite Socks.

They're not exactly both "on the needles" per se, since I'm using just one circular needle for both socks, but they're both in progress.


I finished the heel flap on the Boot Socks on the plane on the way down to California, then realized I had forgotten to pack another ball of white yarn to finish the foot. Oops!

Luckily, I had packed completely new yarn! Hazel Knits Artisan Sock yarn in "Beachglass." Perfect for vacay in sunny CA.

I'm doing the "Embossed Leaves" socks, and really enjoying it. The pattern just flies by. When I actually work on them, which hasn't really been happening since break ended.

There's also a Hazel Knits knitalong going for these socks, which is a joy. I've never done a knitalong before! It's fun to see other people's yarn choices and hear feed back on the pattern.

We're all in agreement that the heel as written is pretty baggy and not very good. As written, it's a plain stockinette flap with a garter stitch edge. I knit the whole thing, then ripped back and reknit it in a slipped stitch heel with fewer stitches. It looks like it will fit better now, and be stronger.

No comments: