Thursday, March 6, 2008

Progress

I made a commitment to knitting progress this week, and it got me a cardigan!


Well, an almost cardigan. At least the hexagons are done and it's just stockinette for the sleeves and garter for the border. And then the ends... all the ends!

Mike has also been crafty this week. Our house is quite lacking in the closet department (one in the bedroom and an awkwardly placed small one in the living room) so we've been having trouble with coats and sweatshirts and bags flung willy-nilly about the house.


Solution: stick some assorted knobs, handles, and a sprinklerhead onto a gorgeous old piece of crown molding, and you've got the greatest shelf / coat rack ever.



I also got a set of hooks for the bedroom.

2 comments:

Bertha said...

Ah! I can't wait to see this finished! I loved it when I first saw it, but cropped cardis don't look very good on me, so I can't wait to see it on you!

Anonymous said...

What a great idea! I actually made a coat rack thingy not too long ago, but it wasn't nearly as creative as yours.