Monday, April 16, 2007

The socks formerly known as Long!

My first pair of socks! They're done!

Pattern: Inspired (and guided) by Long Socks
Yarn: Lion Brand Wool Ease Worsted Weight... I think the color was called "Hunter". I threw out the label though.
Needles: Brittany White Birch 2s

Modifications: I made one full sock, thigh high, and then I cut it in half and made two socks. I also modified the toes a little. I decreased on every row for the last three rows. But only on one sock. Also, I didn't do the garter stitch-rib, which was ugly anyway. I misread the pattern and made the heels wrong- I slipped every other stitch on both the knit and pearl rows, so the heels are really tight. But they look cool, so whatev.

Notes: I don't really like the colors, but Mike does, which is great. I don't think I"d use this pattern again- it's justa basic sock, and following the pattern makes a really weird, ugly sock. I am very proud of myself for making socks! And these socks rock!

No comments: