Sunday, October 26, 2008

A Wool Sweater in Time for Fall

I finished a sweater! And I've been wearing it constantly since I finished it! But, I'm a slacker-blogger and have neglected to share it with you.

I finished it last week (except for two ends I've since discovered I forgot to weave in) and Mike snapped some photos while we were on a walk with our room mate's dog and Mike's aunt and uncle who were visiting for the weekend. (Hi Renee!)


It's the Cable Aran. And I love it. I love the collar, the color, the cables, everything!


I left the cables off the back and had to extend the sleeves by 4" and it is now the perfect sweater! Just in time for fall.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Gorgeous!

Ink and Indigo said...

Lovely - I was a bit unsure of the pattern before, it always looked too baggy and I didn't see the point of the back cables, but yours is gorgeous!

Bertha said...

Oh, that came out SO beautiful!! That's one of my favorite sweaters to have come out in the last couple years, I can't wait to make one myself! It looks amazing on you!

Anonymous said...

It looks cozy and classic!

Anonymous said...

Comfy and classic!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! I love the color, and it looks fantastic on you.

alligator said...

That is so cute! I love the bright color you chose! It looks great!

Claudia said...

I don't know anything about knitting, but I do know that that sweater is *pretty*.

Anonymous said...

Wow! You did a fantastic job. What a pretty, vibrant blue!